The MONITOR II midterm conference - in cooperation with the project PARAmount, a project within the Alpine Space Programme - took place in Bolzano, Italy on June 7th and 8th in 2011.
Here you can find
- the promotion activities & press articles before and after the conference,
- an overview about the different speakers & lectures of the conference,
- all posters presented at the conference by the project partners,
- information about the excursion to the testbed in Gadria as well as
- pictures of the entire event (conference, press conference, excursion)
- the participants lists, the conference proceedings and
- a comment by the communication manager.
German article in the newspaper "Dolomiten"
German article on the website of the Autonomous Province of Bolzano South Tyrol
Italian article on the website of the Autonomous Province of Bolzano South Tyrol
German article in the newspaper "Dolomiten" about the excursion
German article in the newspaper "Die neue Südtiroler Zeitung" about the excursion
Italian article in the newspaper "Alto Adige" about the excursion
German article on the website of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Forest Department
- Posters of partner PP5 (Autonomous Province of Bolzano South Tyrol) about the testbed Gadria
Geomorphometric assessment of spatial sediment connectivity in small alpine catchments
Hazard hierarchization of debris flow sediment source areas
- Posters of partner PP13 (Office of the Tyrolean Regional Government)
Tyrolean Torrent Monitoring System
Tyrolean Contingency Plan for windthrow and other forest related hazards
Comment by Günter Siegel, Communication Manager of the project
"Attracting nearly 200 experts the Joint Midterm Conference of MONITOR II and PARAmount held on 7 – 8 June 2011 in Bolzano offered a platform to debate new approaches to protect the transport infrastructure against natural hazards, in particular by
- Improving Hazard and Risk Mapping through dynamising the planning processes and improving the situation awareness (Continuous Situation Awareness – CSA)
- Reducing of the Vulnerability of Transport Infrastructure
- Advancing Risk Management and Decision Support for Transport Infrastructure Protection."